Is your Business ready for Windows 10?
Microsoft released Windows 10 on July 29, 2015 as a one-year free upgrade to Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 users. Even though the upgrade is free, updating to Windows 10 on a system that isn’t ready for it could compromise your business and technology and ultimately cost your business a lot of money.
To ensure your business is prepared, we encourage you to start evaluating your Windows 10 readiness by taking the following steps:
1. Create a spreadsheet with a comprehensive list of all applications and devices used in your business.
2. Include columns like Application/Device Name, Usage (monthly, weekly, daily), Vendor and Rank.
3. Rank each application/device by importance. Determine which are critical to your business.
4. Check for Windows 10 compatibility with software and device vendors.
5. Purchase one or two Windows 10 computers. SWICKtech can help you purchase the right computers for your business.
6. Test all applications and devices on Windows 10 to verify they are compatible.
As a general rule, Windows 10 should be compatible with most applications and devices that work with Windows 7, but there are exceptions.
Windows 10 offers some great enhancements that will benefit your business. Ensuring your business is ready will greatly reduce the risk of compatibility issues for applications and hardware and potentially save your business money. As they say, free is not always free.
Do you need help determining if your business is ready for Windows 10? Contact us today, we can help!